The Lagos State Police had earlier stated on Thursday that the late Mohbad’s body had been exhumed.
Meanwhile, Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu invited the Department of State Services (DSS) to participate in the investigation into Mohbad’s death on Tuesday.
Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso, said in a statement that the Lagos state government has noted the developments that have followed the death of Mohbad.
The Lagos State Police Command confirmed on Thursday night that the autopsy carried out on the late Afrobeats musician, Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, known as Mohbad, has been concluded.
The Lagos Police spokesman Benjamin Hundeyin confirmed this in a post on X (formerly Twitter), with the Force now awaiting the result of Mohbad’s autopsy.
“Autopsy has been concluded. Awaiting result…,” Hundeyin wrote.
See his post below;
Omotoso said that the government has pleaded with all those who may have vital information that may assist the investigation process to provide the investigating team with such information.
He added that the government has also appealed to the investigating team to guarantee the confidentiality and protection of all witnesses who may come forward with vital information or indicative evidence that may assist the process.
The government spokesman has further made an appeal to all friends and fans of the deceased to stay calm and refrain from making inflammatory utterances and reaching prejudicial conclusions on this matter.
The Lagos State government also commiserated with his family and fans with Omotosho saying they feel the pains of losing such a talented and promising young man, who made a name for himself in a highly competitive industry.
The Police special investigative team that has been saddled with the responsibility of unravelling the death of Mohbad has been tasked with issuing an interim report within two weeks, starting from Monday, September 18 when it was inaugurated.